Share

February 3, 2013

Mosaic Madness French *Tutorial

I realize I'm not fooling anyone here...  this is just like yesterday's post but I think these polishes are perfect for doing a simple glitter gradient and I wanted to show how easy it is to get this effect. No tools required just a few nail polishes. Admittedly, like a child with a new toy I wanted to play with these polishes some more :).
If you already know how to rock this.... I am always looking for tips and tricks so let me know what works for you.



Step One: Apply any color polish you would like to be the dominant color of your French tip. I used a cosmetic wedge and China Glaze Splish Splash. It doesn't have to be perfectly even or go half way up your nails but I would make sure to go above your smile line. The polish is bound to get on your skin but it comes of with very little effort using a Q-tip or eyeliner brush dipped in remover. I know this is frowned upon by some... I hardly ever use a base coat unless I'm using a color that I know stains but whatever's clever.


 Step Two: Apply a sheer polish over your whole nail. I used Pure Ice Splash which is a very sheer pale blue. I love that its such a faint hint of blue that it almost looks white until the light catches it just right.


Step Three: Add a chunky glitter starting just above the sponged color. I did one coat of China Glaze Mosaic Madness. I'm discovering that I am sucker for this irregular, black, glittery, goodness and (bonus!) there is blue glitter in there as well. Yummy!


Step Four: (Which is nearly the same as step three.) Get back in there with your glitter and add a heavy layer going about half as high as you did the first time. Chunky glitter can be manipulated quite a bit so spread those pieces around with your brush ( Tell those chunks who's boss) until they are where you want them.

Add some Seche Vite or any shiny Top Coat and you should end up with something like the very top photo. This is easy and the best part is, unlike really geometric designs, it doesn't have to be exactly uniform to look flippin' sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think and share your thoughts with the rest of the AbnormNail crowd...

Popular